Date(s) - 10/14/2023
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schedule of events:
- heritage apple trees for sale: 11 am until supplies last
- live music with TBA
- cider pouring with EsoTerra Ciderworks & Fenceline Cider : throughout event
- food truck: TBA
- Pueblo Seed & Food Co farm stand: throughout event
- orchard and facility tours: throughout event
- cider pressing demo: throughout event
- heritage apple judging show (*see details below): enter your apples from 11-2; winners announced at 4PM. Must be present to win or able to pick up prizes within 2 weeks of event.
- Colorado Orange apple tree auction: place your bid from 11-3:30; winning bid announced at 4P. Winner must be able to pick up tree at event or within 2 weeks in SW Colorado.
- Colorado Orange apple tree drawing: become a Sustain-a-Tree member beginning now and throughout event to enter to win. Contact us if you are already a Sustain-a-Tree member and would like to be entered into drawing. Winner announced at 4PM. Winner must be able to pick up tree at event or within 2 weeks in SW Colorado.
* HOMEGROWN APPLE SHOW at Orchard Social
Please bring apples if you have them to enter into our Homegrown Apple Show on Oct 8 honoring the work of Colorado’s early fruit growers. Categories are: BIGGEST; MOST ATTRACTIVE; MOST CHARACTER, UGLIEST; and BEST “SPITTER”. Category winners will win a MORP T-SHIRT and Best of Show will win a heritage apple tree! Bring 3 apples of same variety per category you enter. Yes, this is less competitive than our fruitful, glory-day past of winning top premiums at local, state, and world fairs. Yet we believe getting together to talk, think, and celebrate “all things apple” is one of many steps to take to reach our vision of southwestern Colorado being renowned for an orchard culture and economy based on the legendary quality and diversity of Montezuma Valley Fruits. click here to see the list of 126 apple varieties that won awards at the Montezuma County Fair between the years 1902 thru 1917.